zondag 27 maart 2011

Peeking Posies (LL072)

Vandaag ben ik eens bezig geweest met één stempelset: Peeking Posies (LL072) van Hero Arts. Een prachtig setje van vier bij elkaar passende bloemetjes in een kader. Je kan ze natuurlijk gewoon stempelen en inkleuren, maar wat kan je er nog meer mee doen?

Today I have experimented with one stampset: Peeking Posies (LL072) from Hero Arts. A beautiful set of four different flowers in frames. Off course you can stamp it and color it, but what else is possible? !
Je kan er bijvoorbeeld ook een achtergrond mee maken! In dit geval koos ik voor adirondack sailboat blue. Dat is een sterke heldere kleur die geen ondersteuning nodig heeft. Ik had nog wat lint met exact dezelfde blauwe kleur. Deze kaart heb ik ook gemaakt voor The Play Date Cafe challenge. Dit is de inspiratie foto:

Well, you could make a background with them. In this case I chose adirondack sailboat blue. That is a strong bright color that doesn't need anything else. I had this ribbon with exactly the same color, lucky me! I also made this card for The Play Date Cafe challenge This is the challenge inspiration:
and this is my interpretation:
Op de volgende kaart staat maar één afdruk, geëmbossed in zwart. Dit is een condoleance kaart en de stempel moet dus het gevoel overdragen. Een paar vouwlijnen versterken de afdruk. De regel van drie is hier toegepast. één afdruk, één quote en één embellishment (de druppels).

On this next card I stamped one flower only once and embossed it with black. This is a condolance card so the picture should convey the feeeling. A few scorelines support the stamp. I used the rule of three: one stamp, one quote and one embellishment (the droplets).
En dan nog een CAS kaart (CAS=clean and simpel). Drie afdrukken, geëmbossed met wit en met drie zachte kleuren bewerkt: adirondack juniper, lemonade en aqua. Eronder een stukje wit waarvan alleen de randjes een kleurtje (juniper)hebben. Ik heb de bloemen met een 3d-blokje onder één hoek opgeplakt om iets meer dimensie erin te brengen. Natuurlijk ook de envelop bijpassend gemaakt.

A CAS-card. Three stamps, embossed with white and colored with three soft colors: adirondack juniper, lemonade and aqua. Under that a piece of white cardstock which only had the edges colored (juniper). I put a little 3d-glue under one corner of the flowers to give them a bit more dimension.
Dan nog één kaartje die ik gemaakt heb voor uitdaging 132 van clean&simpel. De schets sprak mij aan en deed me gelijkt denken aan de kleine vlindertjes van de antique engravings set (CL383) van Hero Arts. Papier is van Basic Grey en er zit een beetje copper stickles op de vlinders.

I have one card left to show you. I made this for challenge 132 of clean&simpel. I like the sketch, it made me think of the little butterflies from the antique engravings set (CL383) from Hero Arts. Paper is Basic Grey.
Enjoy!

even the littlest comment is greatly appreciated!

6 opmerkingen:

Debbie zei

I love how your experiments turned out, Linda. If I had to pick a favorite, it would have to be the blue one. I really like how that turned out, but they all are special in a different way. What a great variety of techniques. Thanks for the inspiration.

Dawn T zei

love these cards Linda. I've just got the Peeking Posies stamps. So your cards have given me lots of ideas. I really love the blue one

Fiona zei

Clever way to make a background with one stamp Linda :) Thanks for joining us at the Play Date Cafe!

Jinny Newlin zei

Oooo! LOVE that background you created! I never would've thought of that with those stamps! And they're such a lovely shade of blue! Thanks so much for joining us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

Rae Ann zei

Wow! I have that stamp set and I never considered using them for a background! I may have to get them out and play with them! I love how you got so many different looks from one set.

Savannah O'Gwynn zei

OHH! So many beautiful cards! I love the PDCC inspired card--that ribbon flower is SOOOOO beautiful! Thanks so much for playing along with us and joining in the fun over at the PDCC!