zaterdag 5 november 2011

to be CASual or not to be CASual

Weer twee uitdagingen vandaag. Lily Pad Cards heeft een uitdaging met de drie primaire kleuren en CAS-ual Fridays heeft een uitdaging om "over the edge" te werken. Met het idee van onderstaande kaart liep ik al een poosje rond. En "over the edge" leek een prima gelegenheid om die eens uit te proberen.
Ik heb heel veel takjes geponsd en die zo opgeplakt dat het net een echte dennentak lijkt. Wegens de kleuren uitdaging is de kerstbal geel en rood geworden. En het blauw zit op de achtergrond met de prachtige stunning snowflakes stempel van Hero Arts.
Another two challenges today. Lily Pad Cards has a challenge with the three primairy colors and CAS-ual Fridays challenges us to work "over the edge". I had this idea in my head for awhile now and this seemed the opportunity to try it.
I punched a lot of little branches and glued them together to resemble a pine branch. Because of the color challenge the ornament was made of red and yellow cardstock. The blue is in the background wih the gorgeous stunning snowflakes stamp from Hero Arts.

Hier nog een detail van alle takjes. Het ziet er heel gezellig uit! Ik heb een beetje Frosty Lace stickles aangebracht. Je kent me: zonder stickles is de kaart niet af!
Here a detail of the branches. It looks so lifelike! I did put a little frosty lace stickles on them. You know me: without stickles a card is not finished!
Gaandeweg bleek dat het niet zo'n CAS-ual card zou worden. Het was toch wel erg veel werk. Ik heb hetzelfde nogmaals gedaan maar dan veel rustiger, meer gestileerd.
When the card was nearly finished is wasn't a CAS-card anymore. So I did the same again but more stylised.
Ik heb uiteindelijk de eerste kaart bij Lily Pad Cards aangemeld en de tweede bij CAS-ual Fridays.
I entered the first card at Lily Pad Cards and the second one at CAS-ual Fridays.

Hoe CAS-ual ben jij?
How CAS-ual are you?

even the littlest comment is greatly appreciated!

7 opmerkingen:

sheila zei

wow! your branches do look so life like! I love the added stickles....I'm a stickle fanatic myself!

Mynn xx zei

Lovely cards--I love the stickles on the branches for snow! SO pretty!!! :)

Dawn T zei

I love your first one Linda. It is just gorgeous.

Laura Davis zei

Great work!
Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
Laura

Virginia L. zei

Hi Linda, gorgeous card you created! I love the hanging branches and lovely ornaments. Very festive! So glad that you join the fun with us at CAS-ual Fridays! Thanks also for always give me such sweet comments over HA Flickr!

Nancy K zei

Hi Linda....your ornaments are amazing! Each card is really beautiful, I especially love the first one with the lovely greenery and snowflake background. I'm so glad you played along with us at Lily Pad Cards!

Kathy zei

Linda I love your ornaments...so beautiful and love this color combo for Christmas...so unique!! Thanks for playing along with us at Lily Pad Palette Color Challenge. :)