vrijdag 9 december 2011

Tag 9

After another long day of trying to keep myself focused on my work, I finally got some playtime in my craftroom. And I can tell you concentrating at work was very difficult after I took a sneak peek at todays tag! I am a bit tired now, so all I managed were two similar cards. Let's take a look at Tim's tag 9 first shall we? I absolutely LOVE this technique! Double inking and double embossing, what more can a stamp crafter want?
Tim Holtz explains everything perfectly so I'm not going to explain the technique itself. I'll just upload my cards and let your imagination run wild!
This was the first one that popped into my head. Don't these stunning snowflakes just pop with the faded jeans blue background to set them off?
Then I thought I try Tims color combination too with the holly flourish stamp. Unfortunately my set of winter distress inks is still not available! I confined myself to barndoor red, pine needles and vintage photo. The result became vintage! Luckily I found this ribbon that matched the vintage feel of the colors.
Here are some details for you to enjoy:
Close-up of the faded jeans and chipped sapphire embossing. I still had a piece of teardrop ribbon left in my ribbon drawer. Lucky me!
Beautiful texture of the double embossing technique. I  twisted the craft twine around a pencil, like Tim did on tag 3.
See you tomorrow!

even the littlest comment is greatly appreciated!

3 opmerkingen:

CreativSpirit zei

Lovely tags Linda.

Sue zei

I love anything with blue, so I am drawn to your first tag. The second is equally beautiful.

Unknown zei

very pretty cards! I've been doing cards instead of tags also!